Can Coopers Pet Kitchen cater for pregnant dogs?
We don’t currently offer blends for pregnant dogs, but our experts have some tips to help:
- If your dog is pregnant, she will need to eat a special diet filled with nutrients for both her and her pups. Either choose a specific breeding blend or a puppy/growth diet.
- During her last trimester, your dog will need even more energy so make sure her diet is nutrient-dense.
- Be careful to introduce new diets slowly because upset tummies can harm the growth of puppies.
- Once she has had her puppies, your dog will still need to consume a high-nutrient diet so she can produce enough milk. After weaning she can return to a normal Cooper's Pet Kitchen diet.
- When the puppies are six weeks old, Cooper's Pet Kitchen can create personalised feeding plan for them too.